Monday, September 15, 2008

Katie + Rob, Private Residence, Quail Hill

You don't see many true 'backyard weddings' these days and to me it is a mystery why. Getting married at a place that is meaningful to you- your parent's house, grandparent's house, or a close family friend's house- brings a very unique and intimate feel to the day as a whole. Katie and Rob were married at Katie's parents lovely home in Irvine and it made for a beautiful and personal ceremony and reception. It was truly a backyard wedding done right. Katie and her wonderful mom Jane put much thought and planning into making the wedding a special occasion for their guests and it all turned out so magical. Candles flickered and the glow of twinkle lights surrounded guests as they danced the night away under the moon.


Blake of Blake Portraits & Events sent over some images of the first half of the day for you to enjoy.

Katie is seriously stunning!



I was so enamored with her dress from Vineyard Collection. The coolest part was that it had pockets. Love that!


I also adored her vibrant bouquet; it had coxscomb in it, which is one of my favorite flowers (it's the one that looks a little bit like coral)




Rob definitely looked dapper that day as well


A stolen moment from their 'first look'
















A special thanks to the following fabulous team:


Blake Portraits & Events (his site is currently being redesigned- feel free to e-mail me for his contact info)
The absolutely AMAZING team at Patina Catering (honestly, the service was impeccable and the food was so delish!)
Angelica Strings
Fly By Night DJ's
Anna Ziebarth, for the gorgeous flowers
Susie Cakes
Premier Valet Services
Concierge Limo
Montage Resort & Spa, Laguna Beach

2 comments:

Amanda Auer said...

That bouquet is to DIE for. I love it [and the dress, by the way]! And I had that SAME cake back in July!! :) It's a classic!

Suite B said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm about to cry right now. I am so upset that the dress had pockets. I always wanted pockets in my wedding dress and couldn't find one that I liked and that I could afford with pocket.

BTW...I love the blog