Saturday, September 6, 2008

'It's Just Fabulous Them' with Christine Farah Photography

Awhile back, the lovely Crissy of Christine Farah Photography featured me as a part of a series she has started on her blog called 'It's Just Fabulous Them'. The hope is that the 'interviews' of sorts will give readers a glimpse into the life and minds of a variety of wedding professionals Crissy enjoys working with. Below is the conversaton we had; who knows, maybe you will learn some fun new tidbit about me?

1. What is your main job as a Wedding Planner?
My main job as a wedding planner is to make sure my clients have a great time planning their wedding. I always look at it as my goal to make the experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible for everyone involved. I am also by their side to make sure no detail is overlooked- the details definitely help to make the day more meaningful.

2. How did you get into Wedding Planning?
I have always had a knack for planning and it turned into a career after college when I started out in the meetings and special events field. I learned a ton quickly and really enjoyed the challenge of planning a successful event; but something always seemed to be missing. When I made the change to wedding planning, I found out what it was- it is so emotionally rewarding to have a part in making one of the most special days of a couple’s lives one that they will truly remember forever.

3. How would you describe your working style?
I think that my clients would agree that I am organized, upbeat, professional- but that I am still me. I like to laugh and have a good time, and make a point to enjoy each and every wedding experience that I am a part of. I like to be there for my clients as their friend in addition to their wedding planner. Having gotten married not too long ago myself I understand exactly what they are going through and I draw on my own experience and feelings to assist my clients in whatever way necessary.

4. How do you connect with your couple and what do you do to "get" their vision?
I connect with each of my couples by really listening to them when we first meet. Each couple is unique, and I get a good idea of what type of personality each of them have when we sit down to talk about exactly how I can help them out.

5. What is your favorite part about planning?
I love knowing at the end of the day that I am truly blessed to be doing what I love to do as a full time job- not many people can say that! It is so much fun to get to know all of my couples and help them to mold their day into exactly what they want it to be. Every day at ‘work’ is different, and every wedding is unique- I love that challenge.

6. What's your favorite part of the big day?
My favorite part without a doubt is when the bride and groom first see each other. Whether it be a reveal prior to the ceremony or as she walks down the aisle to say ‘I Do’, there always seems to be a moment involved where nothing but love in its purest form radiates from each of them. I think that anyone who has been married themselves knows exactly what moment I am talking about; I wish I could bottle up that feeling and sell it- the world would be a much happier place!

7. Outside of planning what are some of your favorite things to do?
Honestly? I love a good glass of chardonnay, my pajamas, and my sofa with a good Netflix- it is wonderful when I can find some downtime to recharge and relax. Beyond that, I love traveling- my husband (Greg) and I are off to Europe towards the end of the year and I cannot wait! Even just a quick getaway to Santa Barbara or up north thrills me beyond words.

8. One thing you just cannot live without?
First and foremost it would be my loving and amazingly supportive hubs- he has been my biggest cheerleader and encouraged me to take the leap and follow my dreams. Besides him- it would have to be my tivo. Rarely do I get a chance to watch any of the shows I love when they are on tv. Tivo is a busy person’s best friend! And my IPhone; it has literally changed the way I do business. I don’t have to fret about being out of the office and coming back to a gazillion e-mails, and I can be more accessible to my clients, which is important to me. So I guess that’s three things:)

9. Any tips or advice for future brides?
Have fun! Don’t stress! Things will all come together in the end. In all seriousness, I know the very feeling when a wedding decision or hurdle seems to be the most frustrating thing in the world. Take a deep breath, sleep on it, and the answer or solution always seems to come around eventually. That, and hire a wedding planner!

No comments: