Saturday, June 14, 2008

Vanessa + Mark, First Congregational Church and The Madison Restaurant, Long Beach

I knew Vanessa was a kindred spirit from the first moment we corresponded. You see Vanessa is blessed (or is it a curse?) with the 'planning gene'- and I was sure that no detail would be overlooked as she worked with Mark to put together their Big Day. The more I got to know Vanessa the more I realized how special she is; from her brilliant smile to her absolute sweetheart of a personality, I knew that we would keep in touch long after the wedding had come and gone.

When I finally met Mark for the first time on the wedding day it was apparent the two were meant for each other- Mark could not be any more of a gentleman and he is just crazy about Vanessa! Vanessa was talking as she had her hair and make-up done that morning about how Mark called her earlier and wanted to get together to have breakfast and write thank you notes. She explained to him 'honey, we can write thank you notes later'. She then went on to say that he sounded a little sad that he wouldn't be able to see her or give her a big kiss until just before the wedding when they met for their reveal. 'I think he misses me', she reasoned. I knew he missed her- just too sweet!

Courtesy of Sarah K. Chen, here are my favorite pictures from their most amazing wedding. Hop on over to Sarah's blog for more eye candy!


























A special thanks to the following fabulous team:

Sarah K. Chen, Photographer
Ryan Chiang, Best Wishes Wedding Video
DJ Taylor with Atmposhere Entertainment who knew all the right songs to play to get the party rockin' all night!
Flower Allie
Marilyn with On Location Beauty and Liz Castellanos
Patrick and Christina from The Madison (if you haven't been- definitely head there for dinner. It is just gorgeous!)
Terilyn, First Congregational Church

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for this wonderful blog.

markessaxo said...

I know you were just as anxious to see these pictures as we were! We are so thankful for all your hard work, so enamored with your contagious energy, and so honored to call you a friend. THANKS A MILLION! xoxo - Markessa :)