Saturday, January 26, 2008

Scent-sational

How often do you catch a scent of something that takes you back to a very specific moment in time? Or maybe it reminds you of a special person; sometimes even someone you haven't seen in years. Our noses have a crazy way of remembering things- it's astonishing, really. Just one little whiff and BOOM- you are transported away from the moment you are in, if only in your mind.

You can use your nose to your benefit on your Big Day. Why not pick out a special new scent specifically for the occasion? Perhaps something you wouldn't normally purchase; maybe something you have been wanting to try for awhile but just never got around to it.

Personally, I have always been a fan of the perfume Angel by Thierry Mugler. For some reason, I tried it on when I was young- maybe sixth or seventh grade- and I was smitten. It always seemed out of my price range and a little too indulgent. So when the time came to pick a scent for our wedding, I knew exactly what it was going to be. Now whenever I spritz on my Angel, it reminds me of that fantastic day, and I get to enjoy it all over again.


No comments: